Early 80s Norco Magnum GT - Freebie

New York Albertan

Old School Hero
Here she is. Needs a tune-up. Front derailleur needs to be made "safer". But it's in good shape, though the Magnum labelling has long worn off and the person I got it from stuck stickers on it. Other than the newer rims, everything looks/seems original. Rims are straight and true. Eh?!

Attachments

• IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    810 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 29
Other than the newer rims, everything looks/seems original. Rims are straight and true. Eh?!
True North strong and free, right?
I've been looking at road bikes by Norco, and their sub brand Fiori. Often Tange tubing and decent components. This will probably make me want one even more

Roll it to the nearest Tims and treat it to a double double and tim bits. if it still rides alright after that then I think you can spare a few loonies on it ai?

Front derailleur seems wonky. Tires in good shape/holding air this far. Perhaps a tune up is all his old bird needs...

We shall see!

Nice. I believe the Magnum was one of their Mangaloy tubed bikes. I had a Norco Monterey SL in the mid 80's - cromolly, with stamped semi horizontal drop outs and Suntour ARX. It was a good bike and I rode it lots until I fell in love with mountainbiking.

Just now getting deeper into the old Norco. The frame is way to big for me - 24.5"/62.5cm. I'm 5'9"/175-ish cm. Never going to work for me. Suntour VX rear derailleur. and a Shimano 105 on the front end, so not everything's original.

I'll move it on to a taller fellow who can appreciate it's vintage! It is Mangaloy tubed. Probably hard to find, even up here.

Back