Early 50s La Gazelle - Eau-de-Nil 🛠️ The Merlot Aftermath 🍷

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That is an absolute star post @vcballbat 🥰 🥰 🥰 I've got to dig deeper what is showed then and will comment later.

Right now, period is exact. I would say potentially late 40s. The parallels with the EdN are incredible and astonishing. 🤔🤔🤔

Just spotted this on eBay, looks very similar to La Gazelle 👍

View attachment 865709

Owner address on the rear brake caliper 265 Avenue Georges Clemenceau, Nanterre - north west Paris region, not far from Bois de Bologne a popular riding area.

Think this may be more in 3 x 1 era and would have had a Simplex mech with an hanger plate (?). I would love to see the frame and fork number stamping. Very difficult to say if this is a La Gazelle - once again this gives credibility to the idea there was an army of subcontractors in the Paris region. The paint detail on the frame, fork crown and mudguards absolutely looks like it was done with the same very skilled hand like on the EdN and like others of a similar period we've seen. The lack of headbadge and one decal (which doesn't ring any bells with me) almost suggests the maker did not want to be known - or wanted to be very very discrete and modest about it?

Very high end parts, geometry bang on, not a randonneur like the EdN, built for mudguards only. Interesting the Exceltoo small flange hub, and looking again it may be in it's original single speed configuration. Definitely a custom made lightweight frameset.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back