Dropper posts are they worth it.

Re:

Loving the boot & toothpaste tricks Oldscholar - great minds bodge alike :LOL: I quite often use carbon grip paste to save having to crank non-carbon things down overtight, bet toothpaste is almost identical! Also have a little stash of rubber gromits that fit inside a cable ferrule and poke through the cable hole to seal around the cable.

Would be so easy to make properly sealed cables, annoys the hell out of me that no one does - obviously cables that last forever isn't a good business model :x Sram Nightcrawler is a brilliant, simple device to that end though.

Re:

Just gone down a downy but with it down. I usually crap myself and back off but so much easier to keep the weight back and low. This time I enjoyed and messed about a bit to find the limit of grip with grin inducing results.

Only Dropped it three times in 12 miles but so much betterererer.

Get one now.

Re:

Quick update, Kiran's XFusion HiLo needed a service, so we paid up the sixty quid to have it done by [not me]. It's come back notchy and rough and XFusion refuse to supply any spare parts, so they're effectively disposable, which is utterly crap. Needless to say I'll not be buying anything else from them, which is a real shame as the post itself had been excellent.

Re: Re:

elPedro666":1chsp2oo said:
Quick update, Kiran's XFusion HiLo needed a service, so we paid up the sixty quid to have it done by [not me]. It's come back notchy and rough and XFusion refuse to supply any spare parts, so they're effectively disposable, which is utterly crap. Needless to say I'll not be buying anything else from them, which is a real shame as the post itself had been excellent.

That's a but of a shame considering the outlay.

Re:

I got the old RSP plummet in the 27.2, with the silly boot, as I couldn't find any options in the right size (my voodoo canzo is a 30.0mm seat tube) and I wasn't sure if it was a gimmick or a useful leap forward in bike technology, like disk brakes and suspension forks were. I'm now convinced it's the latter, but the RSP post does have a little more play in it than I might like. has anyone experienced this and/or have any suggestions on how to eliminate/remove the play?
cheers

Re:

On others I've seen the play is held in check (or not) by a little replaceable key block, although whether you can get your hands on a replacement is another question entirely...

Does it bother you when riding? Only ask as my old Joplin had a huge amount of play and I never felt it whilst riding, so was a non-issue for me personally.

I've demo'd a few trail bikes over the last couple of weeks, but until then had never used a dropper post and had always wondered what all the fuss was about. Now I know - they're great ! Will definately be fitting one to the new bike, the Fox is nicest I've used so far ( also the most expensive ! ), nice lever action and an infinitely variable position - handy for the times you do want to use the saddle for control or are on a bit of a pedaly descent.

Back