Dropper posts are they worth it.

I think £85 (posted from Oz), and then another £18 for the pleasure of fetching from the Post Office...

Seems to do what it says on the tin, will see how it survives in the filth on Sunday!

Re:

£35. Looks new. Works really well. Very reassuring.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 407
Re:

So. Yes. Why not.

Works well at this cost. Like riding a BMX I had so much more room to move about and no plum smacking action. Instant gain in confidence.

Action is a bit agricultural but feels solid enough.

And this one will fit my explosif and the Salsa so at least I have the option of 26" at mayhem.

Re:

Initial feedback on the DNM HQS (generic? How dare you! :LOL: ) is all good, went up and down as requested and that's about it! Return is a bit slow and I need to find a better location for the switch (t'is a nice switch to use) but for the money I am impressed so far. The slow return may become a large annoyance though...

Re:

I also have a DNM dropper, the ASP-R, I'd been looking for one with an offset clamp for a long time. Only had it a month or so but so far so good. Apart from the obvious benefit of adjusting on the fly, I find with full sussers if you've got the seat up high and say, you come to a junction and have to stop, when put your foot down it unweights the bike and raises the height leaving you teetering for balance so its nice to drop it a bit for stability until you're on the move again, the same is true for getting back on the bike after you've been parked up.

I read something about the DNM's weak point being the remote cable mechanism, that it easily gets clogged up and gets sluggish until it eventually stops working. To pre-empt this from the start I fitted a little spring (from a clicky type pen) and covered it with a rubber boot from a v-brake, cut-down slightly to fit. So the spring helps the cable return and the boot hopefully keeps some of the muck out. I also changed the cable, cable outer and all the cable ends for ones which are a tighter fit as the ones supplied were loose in the fixings and looked like they'd let dirt in. Some pics:

DSC04338_zpstyhpk9qg.jpg

DSC04339_zpswub3uni6.jpg

DSC04341_zpsxi1chj2w.jpg

Also it only has a single bolt to clamp the seat, the white residue you can see on the seat rails is toothpaste I used for extra grip.

Back