Dropper posts are they worth it.

I just find personally having it low(while giving those benefits) feels very weird to the point of disconcerting. Not saying it doesn't help, just saying how it feels to me.

Sorry I didn't mean for it to look like I was schooling you, my post was more of a general 2p input on the thread.

However, recently I too found using dropper post weird on it's first use after a while off the MTB. With the saddle up one can get used to feeling the saddle between ones legs, whereas with the saddle down riding is more BMX style with just the bars and pedals as contact points and the bike floating around a lot more, side to side and up/down - it is a different style of riding that can feel out of control until confidence is built that the rear half of the bike can be controlled with just the feet.

Ooh just noticed maximum weight 90kg on that one.

Didn't think about that. I am just a, cough, smidgen over that. I wonder what the other are rated for???

Re:

Never seen a weight limit on a dropper before :eek:

Just noticed that it's only 80mm drop too - might suit some, but it's at the low end of travel.

Re:

80mm.. Now that's more my style.

It funny, in regular use, apart from the race I recently dud, I haven't changed my saddle height in years, like 1996

the other diameter tranzx posts are 90kg limit. But they do have a drop of 100mm or 125. To be fair 80mm should be ok for me.

Not sure what to make of a weight limit of 90kg on a dropper posts as most bikes with one will see hard use and it is quite restrictive.

My other options are the good old Gravity Dropper or KS eten. If only I could afford a Thomson!

Back