Drop bar add ons for flats....what do you think of these ?

I have to say, my actual opinion is this

I think if you used flat bars with no rise, and put the ad ons on the end then I don’t think I would mind it, but then that’s just a normal set of drop bars. I think your choice of handlebars would be something like this
C553C432-775A-4BB0-AA48-FE67AA9B5D66.jpeg
Or this DD0D7E0F-18CA-4B97-B1A5-473E9589706C.jpeg

Lots of hand position, and able to use drop bar brake levers. My only question is why have you used 4 brake levers? Why didn’t you use some Dia compe suicide levers?

Anyway I’m glad you tried it, it’s a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it🤷‍♂️

I have to say, my actual opinion is this

I think if you used flat bars with no rise, and put the ad ons on the end then I don’t think I would mind it, but then that’s just a normal set of drop bars. I think your choice of handlebars would be something like this
View attachment 734268
Or thisView attachment 734269

Lots of hand position, and able to use drop bar brake levers. My only question is why have you used 4 brake levers? Why didn’t you use some Dia compe suicide levers?

Anyway I’m glad you tried it, it’s a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it🤷‍♂️
I like both of those setups. Do you have any info on the first one?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just took some pictures off the internet

Yes I saw those and I like the look of them, at least there are some new choices coming on the market recently

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Corner bars are great. Surly is the king of varied bar options, proper chromoly, at a fair enough price.. though somewhat spendy for most.

If one wishes to use flat bar levers while having dropped type bars, you can try inverting cruiser bars and porteur bars.

North road upside down

7205529420_78b5d9b437 (1).jpg
Other examples of inverted cruiser bars
RaleighIDo8.JPG
130186-cwc-detail-3-quart.jpg

And my own setup with ergotec bars which worked but the clamping width of the bars was insufficient so they'd slip (need narrower high rise stem)

20230328_135357.jpg

Back