Dream build spec suggestions please!....

Ti allen key QR skewers. Ditch the 3 x 9, Middleburn Duo 3 arm crank, short cage rear mech, and Ultegra road cassette.

Oh, they are very nice.

;) ... when mated to the ever so lighter original RS8 too with no DH warranty. With a lotta luck, can be mounted to a 103mm Ti BB too, but a 107mm is a safer bet.

Sort of the best of the old if you know what I mean. I am partial to a weight weenie build, but I am certainly in the camp of less material on the bones rather than going to carbon etc. Hell, why not do some drillium too in the headset cups, BB cups and the hidden bits in the seat-post too 🥰

“If you are going with Sid world cups with the carbon CSU, I'd be tempted to match the weave/look with the stem, bars and post.”

Totally agree.
I too am a huge fan of exposed carbon weave on parts.
Maybe even where they don’t belong.
My MC Tremor has Dorado’s and Pro Taper carbon bars and a carbon post.
Maybe not the smartest for a FR/AM bike

Attachments

• 75E6A4CC-9B12-46B7-AAEE-B505B288BF02.jpeg
    75E6A4CC-9B12-46B7-AAEE-B505B288BF02.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 27050035-E96A-4E09-A3D9-716A06A01E7D.jpeg
    27050035-E96A-4E09-A3D9-716A06A01E7D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Thanks for all the replies 👍

As I mentioned, it's more of a project than a rider, so things like a dropper post, aggressive front tyre and burly forks don't matter, I'd rather keep the weight down.

I hadn't actually mentioned a carbon csu on a SID, but that would be nice.

I like the idea of the Middleburn RS8 x-type (Uno?) which makes me think of going x1!!!.... I liked the idea of Sram X0 with grip-shift, but I'm not sure I'm convinced of the benefits of a x2 set-up?... you only lose one chain-ring, you don't lose two rings, an FD and a shifter???... or is that another can-of-worms?!

I did as Woz suggested a few years back on a Hei Hei KK; might be worth revisiting/investigating again!

Cheers

Reactions: Woz
For the (health reasons) stated in my original post, this "dream-spec" ti hard-tail build is going to go on hold; It's proving too stressful for me.

But, I'm going to have a go at "adding lightness" to my Scott Spark...

Lightening my Spark 10!....

Cheers

Back