Double single speed

ededwards":b7mlek4m said:
White Industries do a double freewheel so the possibility is definitely there.

Have put the White Industries DOS on my Psyclone single speed and do like it. Does require a 5mm to change gears but there's almost alway one nearby.

Get a flip flop hub ie a threaded portion on either side of the rear hub with a freewheel on each side. Ride higher geared to your trails then remove and flip wheel to lower geared freewheel for off road stuff. Use a tensioner that can take up different chainlengths such as an old rear deralier or a twin jockey wheel tensioner like a Rolhoff.

Flip flop hubs are tried and tested old school technology still used in the world of BMX and Fixed gear :cool:

at $1600 US for just a frame and fork.... :O

That is prety much it though...

It doesn't really matter if the lengths will be different between whatever gears you choose... If you have Horizontal drops, you will adjust it there... If you have vertical drops, you will have to be using some kind of tensioning device anyway...

I got a good idea for u, why not have your choice of 2 ratios, then make up 2 separate lengths of chain for each one. Just remove one and fit the other when you want. Use a quick link to split the chain, 1/8" chains(use for proper single speed conversion) can be bought with a link you flex sideways and it pops off!
Or if your just using a 8/9 sped chain then just one of those sram quick links.
You got a good idea with the double setup! :)

I don't get that :shock:

Edit: I've actually read the words that gowith the images now and I get it and I think it's very cool but I don't think I want to be backpedaling all the way to the trail :shock:

Latest posts

Back