do you remember this bike?

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
This bike really floats my boat but I think it might never have made it to production, anyone know anything about Radical?

DSC08288.jpg

Not sure about Radical, but the other bike frame is a Kirk Precision magnesium one. They were made for a short time and are around, but were heavy and the ride wasn't nearly as good as a tube frame. That solid chunk of metal-even though it is a very light metal-didn't have any spring or damping qualities that you would find in a steel tube frame, so they were a failure in the marketplace. I remember meeting Mr. Kirk at Charlie Kelly's place one day in the early 90's, when he showed us one of his frames.

yeah never really did it for me, looked pretty space age and I remember the uk press did seem to like it but for me it was unproven technology then and I am a bit nervy with new materials, still waiting to see if this carbon stuff pans out.....

to answer your op gazz

no

looks like a design exercise for a composites company as a lot did in the way back when
very trimbleesk

I used to work for the company the made the frame for Kirk. It was before my time, but there were a couple of frames in various states and all the tooling in the stores.

mikee":1zoosb84 said:
to answer your op gazz

no

looks like a design exercise for a composites company as a lot did in the way back when
very trimbleesk

Hope your wrong mikee, hows that trimble working out for you btw?

Another similar kind of boom-tube/x-frame carbon frame was the Pirana from Belgium. Very rare.

Back