Dmr Trailstar

Dmr!!

Retro Newbie
My first trailstar, 1999

I remember working in a bike shop and asking the boss to order me a black trailstar frame, he kept pointing at this yellow one hanging on the wall telling me to buy that one and he will do me a good price.
So in the end I gave in and went with what I know now to be a very rare colour way, yellow was always listed as an option but I think I’ve only ever seen one other

but fast forward over 20 years and I’m still riding a trailstar and I just re built this one back up.

hope you guys like it !!

Attachments

• DB040D0A-940F-425D-9668-8D6956A30B49.jpeg
    DB040D0A-940F-425D-9668-8D6956A30B49.jpeg
    876.5 KB · Views: 58
  • CE920937-4F01-4F58-B876-9E9A3A24C725.jpeg
    CE920937-4F01-4F58-B876-9E9A3A24C725.jpeg
    685.1 KB · Views: 53
Very cool. I loved my trailstar when I first got it. Decided to re-build it a few years ago and remembered how heavy it was! The thing hated manualing too, but that may have been the really heavy DMR forks on the front.
looks really good in yellow, I like it!

Very cool. I loved my trailstar when I first got it. Decided to re-build it a few years ago and remembered how heavy it was! The thing hated manualing too, but that may have been the really heavy DMR forks on the front.
looks really good in yellow, I like it!
I’m glad it’s not just me that can’t manual it haha

yeah it’s a heavy bike but it used to feel lovely on the trails.
Thanks, I hated the yellow at first but it grew on me and now I’d never part with it

im tempted on building up a sidekick. At the time I had my trailstar, i regreted not getting the side kick as it looked so much better. Not sure how it rode though...

im tempted on building up a sidekick. At the time I had my trailstar, i regreted not getting the side kick as it looked so much better. Not sure how it rode though...
I only ever had a sidekick set up as 24” much smaller than the trailstar but great fun to ride

My first trailstar, 1999

I remember working in a bike shop and asking the boss to order me a black trailstar frame, he kept pointing at this yellow one hanging on the wall telling me to buy that one and he will do me a good price.
So in the end I gave in and went with what I know now to be a very rare colour way, yellow was always listed as an option but I think I’ve only ever seen one other

but fast forward over 20 years and I’m still riding a trailstar and I just re built this one back up.

hope you guys like it !!

Attachments

• B03BDE2A-0EA1-4D5A-BE07-D53231D43FD9.jpeg
    B03BDE2A-0EA1-4D5A-BE07-D53231D43FD9.jpeg
    734 KB · Views: 19
Back