Disc brake dilema

Roasted

Kona Fan
One of my least favourite jobs is messing around with hydraulics. It's not that it's too difficult, it's just messy and fiddly.

On my current project I have some Hope M4s with lovely blue bore caps that go with the frame. But the leavers are in the European configuration so want to swap them over. Not only that but the hoses are thicker diameter braided hoses in a grubby silver that doesn't suit the bike, but look serviceable.

My options are
1. Swap the levers over an keep current hoses - the simplest solution but the hose length may need adjusting and may need new fittings depending on their willingness to come apart.
2. Buy complete new hose kits - quite costly but will get my desired results.
3. Swap over the bore caps - I have other sets of M4s waiting for their forever bikes. If the hose lengths are about right I could swap the bore caps over and use another set. This may need new o-rings though but it will be a relatively cheap solution.
4. Leave as is - get used to my left hand controlling the front brake.

So what do you think is my best option?

Personally I think I'd change the hoses, they'll benefit from a bleed anyway while you're doing it, and the new hoses will be nice and supple, easier to route how you want , giving you the best result 👍

Latest posts

Back