Dirt Shark

yo-Nate-y":1lwup3k8 said:
...that's a stellar frame. I am afraid I drove up your final cost a bit---I wanted that one, but felt like someone else wanted it a bit more ;)

Super super cool though. I look forward to the build!

hah! - I bet that happens all the time on here!!!

Thanks to everyone for the comments - I am looking forward to this one too!

:D

Thanks for the all the comments chaps - loads of replies seeing as all I've done is fitted a headset!

Didn't realise there was this much love out there for a 'Shark.

I got a reply from my e-mail to 'the web guy' at landshark offering some info from John Slawta on the frame, I replied with some pics so hopefully will have some more info soon!

I am really interested to see how it rides so its gone to the front of the build que :D

wow

that is a wicked colour i love it , you will defo stand out in a crowd, why not go with white cranks and wheelsets or something different to black.. black could be too boring for this bike

I also placed a couple bids, but it was too large for me, and I promised I wouldn't do that anymore.

Nice pick up! What do you have in mind for the build?

GoldenEraMTB":15q1rvje said:
I also placed a couple bids, but it was too large for me, and I promised I wouldn't do that anymore.

Nice pick up! What do you have in mind for the build?

This is how the plan is shaping up:

Black m732 cantis, m730 4 finger brake levers, XTII thumbies, m735 Fr & Rr mechs - prob long cage rear but not sure, then I have two options;

Stick with the black theme and go for black m730 cranks/SG rings and black m730/2 hubs on grey rm17s in which case I'll go short cage Rr mech or;

Silver m730s/biopace silver rings or black SG rings and silver m730/2 hubs on Black vantage comp rims, in which case it'll be a long cage Rr mech to be more in-keeping with the older bits.

seat post and saddle are still tba - black or white turbo and a nice quality post I think - love to get hold of the IRD Interloc post but they will be like hens teeth I fear :(

I'll have a play see what looks/feels right - any thoughts?

EDIT - tyres will be Timbuk IIs :D

..mate that is RADICAL, i love it, and its pristine, what a great find, the build spec sounds nice too, .......now saved in my favorites list, so i can check in for updates..... :D

That is a great find and in fantastic condition - let's see it out on a Midlands ride soon!

Back