Diatech headset bolt/nut

wired99

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi guys
Longshot but does anyone have a bolt/nut for Diatech headset like this one lying around in a spares box?
Mine sheared off :(

headset.jpg

diatech

hi, i may be able to help.....i have a similar model kicking about, comes with a grey top bung. cant check while tomorrow though. if it looks right i will get intouch.
marc.

Hi,
I'm not familiar with these headsets and I'm trying to disassemble a Pro~Flex with one fitted to a pair of old Rock-Shox Judy's for a complete strip and rebuild.
I've loosened the stem and loosened the Allen Bolt "collar" but nothing seems to come loose.
I'm a bit loathe to prise up the Grey cap unless that is correct.

Any clues for the correct disassembley technique and/or anyone know of an instruction sheet for these?

P.s. Oh and are they any good and worth re-using?

Cheers
Colin S

Hi ya colin, the bung is gonna have to come off along with the stem, and everything else, undo the stem bolts , top bolt and the bung should just pop out as you move and twist the stem upwards, your taking everything apart cant do any damage if your gentle, it should just pop off when you remove the stem, or you could gently pry it with a flat screw driver ;)

wit hthe stem and bung removed give a gentle tap with a mallet to the top of the steerer tube and it should then give

Back