Diamondback, real or fake

Proto2000

Retro Guru
I see this for sale locally and searched for a match on Google but nothing shows up. Decals look to be correct but that lower TT seems to have no place there, maybe a modified frame or some other MTB with DB stickers. Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 00P0P_iXcAaT1r5Xf_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00P0P_iXcAaT1r5Xf_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 27
I've no idea. I'm half tempted to say real, but modified as there's no logic in my mind to rebadge it as anything else. The fork decal rings a bell from a few DBs I've had. Based on the up front rack perhaps the bike was used for carrying heavy loads and a tube welded on to brace the frame? I've not seen another one like it, hence thinking it'd legit but modified.

Interested to know one way or another

I have seen that bike before, same colourway, but without the extra bar. I think it is maybe a 1987/88 model. I cant really tell from the picture but colour match looks good?. So it would be a lot of work to add the extra bar and match the colour.

looks like a 87 arrival with a bit of modification. reckon it's been set up for delivery work and the added TT is part of it. be nice to see some close ups of the welds on it, it looks factory fresh.

Back