Diamondback / DBR V-Link help...

Diamondbackracing

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone,

I bought a DBR V-Link on ebay a number of years ago with the plan of upgrading everything, then my situation in life changed... so it sat idle for about 5 years...

Anyway, so now I am actually putting it together and have noticed some cracks on the swingarm just behind the BB, where the allen key bolts attach it to the pivot / bush.

I know this is a pretty common problem as I have read about it on here before, but I have never seen it happen before, and I have owned a number of V-Links!

As DBR V-Links are rare these days and my odds of finding a swingarm in Australia are pretty slim, does anyone have any advice as to workarounds to fix this?

Welding looks very difficult... Does anyone know if anyone makes reproduction swingarms? Basically all I need is the chainstay.

Thanks

Hi,

No pics right now but I'll take some :)

It's a 96 or 97; I thought all the rear suspension linkages were the same on these models, and the travel started changing on the V6, V10 models in 98/99.

Thanks for the reply.

Re:

Hi All,

Here are some pics in case anyone can help...

I'm starting to think that the frame may be a throw-away job and I strip and sell the parts... :(

Thanks

Attachments

• DBR3.jpg
    DBR3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 728
  • DBR4.jpg
    DBR4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 728
  • DBR2.jpg
    DBR2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 728
  • DBR1.jpg
    DBR1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 729
Re:

Not sure how far you want to go with it but you might have to think outside the box on this one. If you are not into keeping it period correct maybe another manufacturer would work. There is a Tomac Vanish rear triangle on Ebay for $69 and may some creative engineering it could work. Would have to convert to discs. Also I think old specialized FSR's had a similar design. I think these DBR's had about a 50% failure rate so maybe a different triangle wouldn't be such a bad idea and discs are always good.

Back