Diamondback Axis R

Catalogue

Yeah will scan the catalogue, think i have a few. def got the 95 and 97 i think, the one where the v-link pro was carbon (i think) and had full xtr 950 and mars forks

V-link pro carbon would be '97. I remember one hanging up in Les's Performance Cycles in Canvey Island when I bought my Axis. £3.5K IIRC :shock: would love to find one now....

Where does the '96 Axis with the Richey Logic Prestige tubing fit into the mix of models here? It also had a blue / red / silver / yellow colour scheme.

Hmmmm

Dont think they used ritchey logic on the '96. pretty sure its true temper tubing they used, certainly from 95 onwards. Ask Jango he'll know.

The Ritchey Logic WCS Super Tubing (I think that's what they call it) was available '96 and '97 with the same respective paintjobs but was not available in the UK, US only.

I've got a '97 one (one of five that Les imported) it's lovely, very light and whippy frame about 3.75lb. I'll post it up in readers bikes sometime soon.

I would love to find a '96 version of this, saw one on 'bay in the states a while back but it was 20" :(

Just so happens...18" axis-r... TT race light frame..black, white, yellow colour scheme...xt hubs, v's,rear mech, 8-speed sti's-brakes..lx front mech and chainset ....ridden less than 10 times since new..one slight mark@ 3mm on the rh seat stay, otherwise the bike is immaculate...no idea exctly what year it is though..all original-tyres, brake blocks etc..only thing the guy changed were the bars and stem. Anyone know the year? And open to offers for it as well!!Cheers :LOL:

Back