Diamondback Ascent 1995? seatpost size HELP

JoanFontcuberta

Dirt Disciple
I recently got a Diamondback Ascent, perhaps year is 1995, not sure tho. When I bought the bike it came with a 26.6 seatpost. Can anyone confirm the right seatpost size for this frame? I will check again with a caliper tonight. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
26.4 I reckon. Axis was OX tubing, more oversized than run of the mill frames lower down in the lineup.
Why do you doubt the size of post that came with it?

26.4 I reckon. Axis was OX tubing, more oversized than run of the mill frames lower down in the lineup.
Why do you doubt the size of post that came with it?
Only if I tight the seat clamp very tightly, above the average, the seatpost doesn’t go down. Also the previous owner told me that the seatpost was undersized when I bought the bike from someone else

That's a 1993 built frame, so likely to be a 1994 model. If you can find a catalogue, that may list the OEM seat post size. Or another member on here may also have a 1994 Ascent and can check their bike for you.
My Axis is different tubing and factory - so that won't help.

That's a 1993 built frame, so likely to be a 1994 model. If you can find a catalogue, that may list the OEM seat post size. Or another member on here may also have a 1994 Ascent and can check their bike for you.
My Axis is different tubing and factory - so that won't help.
thanks! How do you know that is a 1993 built. How do you determine that on diamond back?

On your frame number. The 'I' indicates factory, the '3' indicates the year. 'H' could be month (Aug) or manufacturing week. Not sure yet...

Most DB's share the main frame tubes, the Apex was TT AVR with butted rear stays, lesser models did not have the butted rear stays. Therefore it is reasonable to assume Apex & lower models are the same within product years. I had a 92 DB Apex which I am sure was 26.4 seat post dia. That's where my reasoning comes from. 1992 was a re-design year for DB, the frame specs should be the same for 92,93 & 94 model years iirc.

Latest posts

Back