diamond back apex 1991 condition

HI mate, looks good to me. The wheels might be a little tired, looking at the rims, but don't look original anyway, and I'd still consider the drive for the Apex. Got a 94 one in the garage. The one you are looking at is better specced.

The frame and DX parts all look pretty good, I think it might be worth the risk, but I'm a biased DB fan

Pyro Tim":2bqcsch4 said:
HI mate, looks good to me. The wheels might be a little tired, looking at the rims, but don't look original anyway, and I'd still consider the drive for the Apex. Got a 94 one in the garage. The one you are looking at is better specced.

The frame and DX parts all look pretty good, I think it might be worth the risk, but I'm a biased DB fan

I've got a 91 Apex, so I'm probably biased, too - but frame and forks look in good condition. Rear mech looks original and in nice condition, front mech has been replaced, as have the wheels. Probably the handlebars, too, and the grips aren't original - nor the pedals. Brakes and STI units look original, as does the chainset.

If the price is good for you and the journey not too much of a stretch, you could do a lot worse. Solid, decent frame - not overly light, but well layed out and robust enough. Top tube lenght tends to be on the more stretched out side, so just something to bear in mind.

Back