DH Zaskar, RTS3 , White Lavadome.

retroman

Retro Guru
Thought it was time to show some pics of some of my flock.
No.1 - GT RTS3 1997 (I think). Bought from new with Northern Rock shares which were given out about that time. Lent it to the brother in law who DID NOT look after it so took it back and gave him my Pantera in exchange.Which is now looking very sad,but he's promised to restore it. Bought the vectors off Drewson, I think the whole set up is cool.

No.2 - 1992 KONA LAVADOME. Bought this off ebay frame only. Decided that white would be the focus colour as I think it was green when I got it.Finished this in December and have never had my bottom on it yet.What do ya think?

No.3 - 1994 GT ZASKAR. oooooooh, wanted one of these for years. Got it on retrobike but can't remember who I bought it off,but many thanks.Always liked triple clamps so put a set of judy's on, the rest of the bits came off my sister's GT Backwoods from the same era.Also never ridden this one!!! apart from up the garden.I think the triple clamps work. I build my bikes to suit my eye and use a mish mash of components (or whatever's hanging round).
Cheers for looking.
bikes009.jpg

bikes007.jpg

IMG]http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/redstacey/bikes006.jpg[/IMG]
bikes022.jpg

bikes025.jpg

bikes018.jpg
bikes017.jpg

yeah im all good :cool: dont have the gt any more as i went back to rigids :D got a old muddyfox explorer and a frame on route :D

Couldn't think of a better match for those Vectors.....the bike looks well good!! :cool: Lovin the Lava Dome too....i've not convinced myself 100% on the triple clamps on the Zaskar as it really lifts the front end (think i'm too old school) but it's still pretty tasty.....

Take care & Keep up the good work!!

Drew :)

Loving the RTS - would love to try one of these out.

Lava Dome looks sexy as well.

I'm a fan of the Zaskar, but not sure about the long travel fork - each to their own though :)

Back