Decent v brake levers?

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Im considering putting V's on my next project, problem is finding decent levers..

Anybody know of any old skool cast levers akin to xt m732 / m733 / xc pro / comp, rather than the pressed / folded ones that came on with m739 kinda era.

Hoping i can find something a bit more in keeping with my retro ish theme!

Is it the milled out rear of the lever (weight saving) or the flattened entry point part (make them bend so you need to buy more) that you don't want.

Diacompe PC7 (exa?) sort of thing has an older look to it. But keeps the ServoWave/Power Control goodness.

Maybe other Diacompe will do.

Machine Tech are lovely if you can find some, failing that Avid speed dials are always decent enough.

Anybody know of any old skool cast levers akin to xt m732 / m733 / xc pro / comp, rather than the pressed / folded ones that came on with m739 kinda era.
I find them kind of odd looking with the exposed innards, but Tektro CL740 don't have the newer look you mentioned s-l1600.jpg _51223198792_9db4748e9e_k.jpg

Jeeessss, i wouldn't like to crash with those! Pointy!

Yes, fluffy, your right, the avids have that modern thang going on. Nice levers, as i gad them on a more modern bike a few years back.

Do diacompe do the older style for v's? Ive seem the kinda series 6 ones, but they are cantilever....

Cheers for the help guys btw!

What about trying one of those problem solver widgets that compensates for the pull difference: then you could rock M730 4 finger levers with your Vees? (We’re they called travel agents?)

Back