Decent Retro Bike to replace my dads stolen one

TimColnago

Dirt Disciple
Hi
I am wondering if anyone can help please. My dad because of diabetics recently had some of his toes amputated and his now recovering. As if this was not bad enough; my dad being my dad; rode to the hospital on his beloved mountain bike. He locked it up only for my sister to find it nicked when she went to pick him and his bike up. His bike was a unbranded aluminium brushed frame with decent late 90’s shimano deore and XT equipment. He is of very limited means and I am trying to find him a decent ‘retro’replacement for Christmas. I can budget up to £200. My dad lives in Nottingham so would need to be delivered or sent by courier to him however I’m traveling up the A1 or M1 corridor on Thursday from Essex in eve so I could pick a bike up on route if anyone can help. I think he would need around a large or medium size. I think a 23” road bike would be about right for him so I’m guessing around 19-22” mountain bike.
Many Thanks
Tim

That really sucks, stealing from outside a hospital is pretty low indeed. I wish I could help out on a full bike but haven't got anything but if you find yourself offered anything that needs any bits to complete let me know, as if I've anything that can help ill happily donate.

ishaw":2mhi6qq7 said:
That really sucks, stealing from outside a hospital is pretty low indeed.

True that.. :|

I have some wheels and tyres I can kharma out to you if needed..

Re:

If you go for a build I'm sure I'll have some bits that would help.

Barstewards!

Hi Guys,
Many Thanks for your very kind and generous offers of help. Some which are here to see and some PM'd to me.
Videojetman has offered his Dyna Tech to me at very fair price which I have accepted so I think we have this one sorted.
I will be sure to tell my dad when I see him of all the kind cyclists out there.
Kind Regards
Tim

Re:

We're all happy to help out :cool:

On the topic of locks etc., I cannot recommend this thing enough ➡️ http://www.evanscycles.com/products/kry ... k-ec007567

It is nicknamed the "Fahgettaboudit" because once you've used it to lock your bike up, you can forget about it being nicked.. Yes, it's ~£85, but if you're gonna spend £200 each time a bike gets nicked..

Back