Wanted decathlon rockrider 520

huggy

Dirt Disciple
hi there everybody đź‘‹

im new to the forum, cant believe its taken me so long to find it but hey ho ...... im here now

anyhoo....... on with my request
some little scrote just nicked my beloved bike, an above mentioned rockrider 520 from decathlon
its not my shiney bike, nor my best bike, but ive had it years and it was my go to beater for nipping down to the shops or leaving at the train station if i was away over night and to be quite honest im bereft without it.

so .... what im after is a mid 90s decathlon rockrider 520 around a 54 or 55 size

if any of you lovely folk are able to help me out id be willing to pay the money

with thanks in advance of your many and various offers

huggy

yer, sorry, think you are in for a rough ride with this request I'm afraid. Decathlon weren't really known in the UK back then, only having 4 or 5 stores nation wide. Those that did know were seeing them as bargain basement, big box sort of bikes, with out much interest in keeping them. I think they were wrong, but that's by the by I'm afraid. You'll be just as well looking on Ebay I'm afraid, maybe someone has emptied out their folks shed and found one, unlikely there is a collector or a retro bike enthusiast with one stashed away for a rainy day.

shame really, Decathlon had some nice bikes for good money at the time, but it isn't what people want now, doesn't have the rocky mountain, cannondale type following.

good luck with your hunting, hope you find one, but it might be worth looking at other brands from the era to get somewhere close again.

Like other's have said, I don't they (or many) made there way to the UK.

Solid bike, had one myself for a while to knock around on. Have in mind in France, along with MBK, Sunns and Lapierres of about the same period are actually rather sought after for all year round practical work bikes - many had full rigid steel 1 1/8 forks with an early aheadset.

Shipping / import to the UK would not make it economical.

thanks all
ill have a look at the link above

as for economy i think im willing to take the hit (or a holiday in france) because its a matter of the heart and not the brain on this one ;))

thanks all
there are actually quite a few on that french link so all i need to do now is tell the wife we're going to france for a "nice" weekend away.
remains to be seen how much trouble im in when my motive becomes clear
but that is a can i can kick down the road :)

Back