DB Apex frame - what year is it?

cinderKona

Dirt Disciple
Picked this up for a song to build into a singlespeed. Interested in the year - I think around 93/94 but not sure. Also any specs as I need to find out the seatpost diameter.....

Attachments

• SAM_0826.JPG
    SAM_0826.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 632
  • SAM_0830.JPG
    SAM_0830.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 632
  • SAM_0827.JPG
    SAM_0827.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 632
  • SAM_0829.JPG
    SAM_0829.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 632
I thought is was later than '92 - this is the '92 version according to the catalogue....

Attachments

• Diamondback.jpg
    Diamondback.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 568
The red tiger stripped one is a '91.
I think the blue one is also a '91 that has been re finished and restickered, from '92 onwards all cables ran on the toptube, and the "snakestays" are plainly not!

The plot thickens.....It also had a diamond shaped 'metal' headtube badge with a 'D' on it with fake rivets.....Snake stays were the s-shaped ones right? It definitely doesn't have those. There is some fluoro orange paint on the ends of the bb shell when I removed the bb as well....

My '93 Apex was black with bits of dark forest green through it... Although they might have done it in another colour?

The decal and headbadge are the same as my '96 Apex, which is silver and has the "s" stays and cables running both sides of the toptube. It also has a 68mm bottom bracket, the '91 has a 73mm.
Could be a '91 Apex, although the main colour was red. I think someone on the site has a '91 Topanga, which is orange.

Back