Daylight Robertsery?

One of my elderly neighbours remembers an old boy who walked 6 miles to work in the tinplate works and 6 miles back (1940s)- I asked why he didn't buy a bike, and he said he couldn't afford it!

So you're tall,
got a bad back,
And can afford a bike (or two🤔)...
Count yourselves lucky!
What’s the emoji for ‘get over yourself’?

It's a lovely bike, but it's hard to imagine someone who wants a rim brake tourer doesn't already have one. Or two.
Except for the people who don’t have a touring bike yet. Its quite a lot of money, however it is a very well built frame, from a highly regarded builder (who can no longer build you a bike), with a well regarded tube set and a great, well thought out spec in good condition. It is also, crucially quite big.

I guess what it means is that the number of people who it will A) fit and B) want a high end, turnkey touring bike are few and far between, but you only need one.

I would totally agree, well thought out apart from the caliper brakes.

A loaded bike and a large rider take some stopping, and caliper and cantilever braked bikes are usually a bargain now - new buyers expect discs above a certain price, even if they are buying a racer and live in east anglia!🤣

You don't necessarily have to ride around on a bike that's too big for you to get a bad back, you could get knocked off your bike that suits you aswell, just that happened to me 😀. Btw, my back is better but it has required rehab exercises roughly 6 days a week.( if anyone*s wondering) Apologies for getting carried away, i got thinking too much about the bad back issue, i,m constantly reminded. Riding around on a frame that too big creates stability issues for the rider. I think you could compare it to riding a Pennyfarthing.

I love riding a penny farthing though - the right size obvs.
Much nicer than a (safety) bike that's too big for you.

Riding my bike keeps my back working - operating percussive equipment or digging below ground level ruins it.

Latest posts

Back