dawes galaxy bikes

Was not looking to make huge amounts of money.... just wondered if there were people out there with an interest in such bikes.

GILl

mrgumby":2woetj9n said:
Its this one, i haven't seen it yet.. Small dent in the top tube.

:D

Was that the chap on Retrobike who was selling two, I was interested in the woman's one for my son's girlfriend, but it went too quickly. That one is the same colour as my Hubby's old Caygill.

Alison":21d0nvk8 said:
I hope you helped him up afterwards :D

Boom Boom :LOL:

From what I remember ( it was the early 90's ) we were surprised with his route it wasn't the most direct ! He took the scenic route !
Fantastic bike for touring tho !

My first ever attempt at making an off road bike about 1980 when I was still at school (wider tyres and cow horn handlebars) was with a badly painted bike I bought off someone (local dodgy geezer) for a tenner, after trashing it I tried to strip the paint and discovered it was actually a Galaxy. Tough as old boots frame.

Frames like that never wear out and while not hitting the heights of fashion are brilliant go-anywhere, do-anything tourers / day riders / commuters. As such they hold their value.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. BIKES LOOK PRETTY GOOD COMPARED TO THE PICTURE ABOVE. THEY HAVE HAD VERY LITTLE WEAR BUT HAVE BEEN DORMANT FOR SOME TIME. WILL PUT THEM UP FOR SALE WITH THE HOPE THAT THEY WILL FIND A GOOD HOME.

Latest posts

Back