dawes galaxy bikes

Gill

Retro Newbie
Looking for advice... is there a market for 2 Dawes Galaxy bikes a man's and a womans. The bikes have been little used but have been in storage for some time and therefore need some attention.

GILl

My father had one, nice bike, 531 frame etc. Being an old school kinda guy, when he decided to sell he did the 'right' thing and refurbished the bike with super cleaning, oiling , adjusting, new tyres and chain before offering for sale. It looked super. I think he advertised it for a couple of hundred quid but no takers. In the end it went to auction and fetched about 30 or 40 quid, less than he paid to refurb it. Nice, practical, good quality bikes but just not that desirable i'm afraid. If yours need work they'll only be worth pocket money.

I've seen them go for considerably more than £40.00, depending on age and condition of course. Keep an eye on Ebay for a while, or have a look at the completed listings, to get an idea of what they go for.

Yes, they go for relatively strong money considering their age. I'd think £120-150 or so for a tidy one, more if really pristine. The frame is the worthwhile bit.

I've seen them go for quite a bit on eBay, my hubby has a Super Galaxy for commuting, they are quite strong sellers

Alison

I'd have thought you'd get a decent price for them, they used to be "the" touring bike, we ran into a bloke on the Cotswolds doing lands end to john o'grouts riding one fully laden un supported
What size are they ?

Latest posts

Back