Dawes Galaxy age?

Partingtons were about halfway down great moor street. I'm not sure exactly when they closed but i think maybe early 90's?

It was a small shop and largely high end... We'd drool over the campagnolo gear sets on display in the window :LOL:

They also built their own frames...

7817819504_7a04f9f741_z_d.jpg

Re:

Nice Bike!
Afraid I have only just returned to Bolton after 50 years away, so too young when I left to remember it.
Pity so many good shops closed down.

It has the same lettering as my Super Galaxy, which I've more or less pinned down to 1982. Same mirror too.

19248992989_bec1bbe809_b.jpg

Bigger https://farm1.staticflickr.com/475/1924 ... 625f_o.jpg

It came to me with several newer components, which I've been returning to original or at least period spec. The rear rack, both derailleurs and the shifters have been changed, I'm still not sure whether any or all of those are original spec. The front rack is original, I think that's what made it Super.

Seems we have the same Brooks saddle too, though unsure if that was original or not.
I'm happy to settle on 82, seems to be a general consensus.
Yours looks to be a tidy bike.
Coming from a mountain bike I think I'd like your triple chainset too.

The Brooks B17 saddle will be original, they have date stamps in them too. I'll have a look tomorrow and tell you where to look.

I can't decide if the triple is original or not. I think it's the same age as the bike so it might have been an upgrade when it was new.

Back