Dawes Edge XT Reynolds 653

• Thread starter Deleted member 4805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4805

Price dropped to £170

I'm travelling from Surrey to Sheffield on Friday and returning Sunday if anyone not local would like to meet up.

Cheers,

Andrew

Stunning condition and barely used Dawes Edge XT, frame and forks are Reynolds 653 fillet brazed, the bike has all the original Shimano XT 8 Speed components except for the front wheel which was replaced with a Mavic X221 on deore hub.

It has seen hardly any use at all from new and still has all the original driven train parts, as you can see from the cassette / chainrings there is virtually no wear. Even the brakes pads are the original Shimano XT.

The gear work perfectly and the hubs are beautifully smooth

The only real negative bits are the mark on the frame as pictured which was done in the garage and not on the trails, one of the rubber seals caps on the front hubs has a crack in it but I will try to get a replacement, the saddle has a few marks on the rear.

There are a few marks overall but these are very small but overall this bike really is excellent condition and hardly used.

£195 collected Surrey, I could look into posting but would prefer not to.

Components are:

Frame / Forks Dawes Edge 653

Rear Wheel Shimano XT hub on Campagnolo rim

New Shimano Deore Hub on Mavic X221 rim

Tyres Schwable marathan Puncture Protection Pro.

Shimano XT Cranks / Chainrings

Shimano XT Front Mech

Shimano XT Rear Mech

Shimano XT Shifters

Shimano XT Cantilever Brakes

Shiamn XT 8 Speed Cassette

San Marco Saddle ( I replaced the Gel Flow with this as I think it suits the bike more )

Bontrager Stem

Worldforce Bars ( i think these are Azonic )

I will include the carrier rack and bottle cage that I original pictured.

If you do have to "look into posting" then I'd be grateful for a couple of measurements - seat tube c to top, virtual top tube and distance c b/b to saddle top as set up in photos. Thanks.

Re:

Hi,
Yes forgot those ? I will measure tomorrow, I could get the local shop to pack up for me
Regards
Andrew

Hi,
Yes i could post but don't really want to drop on the price, I would do posted for £215 as last time i posted a complete bike it cost about £30.
Cheers,
Andrew

Thought I would give this a bump as I'm off to my parents in Sheffield next Friday and will return Sunday so could possibly meet up anywhere from Surbiton to Sheffield if anyone was interested.
Cheers,
Andrew

Re:

Hello,
Is bike still available. I can meet you tomorrow in surrey to test ride and purchase. Thanks
Kamran

Back