Dawes double edge comp tandem frame

half cog

Senior Retro Guru
Hi
If you have a lot of bits hanging around in the shed here is a chance to build your own tandem on the cheap I am selling my Dawes double edge comp tandem frame complete with the original chromo a head fork. The frame is alluminium with a very classy paint job in excellent condition.very few marks and no damage whatsoever. The front size is centre to top of top tube 18 1/2" It is 20" to the top of the seat tube extension. The stoker size is 15" centre to top of top tube and 18 1/4 to top of seat tube extension. the front top tube is 22 1/4 c-c. It has five bottle mounts and the frame is for both disc and v brakes. The fork is v only. It also has a drag brake mount It comes with two seat collars and the front eccentric. The frame takes 27.2 seat posts. I am only selling this as I have bought a much smaller frame. To be honest the new one does not ride quite as well and the finish is nowhere near the dawes but at least now I dont wince when I dismount on uneven ground. Any questions or if you would like a higher res photo then please pm me Am looking for £225 for it. collected ( Harrogate area) or will post at additional cost
Regards
Peter

Attachments

• dawes  frame.JPG
    dawes frame.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 1,554
What's the rear dropout spacing? Does it take a standard 135mm MTB wheel, or a wider tandem wheel?

Dawes tandem frame

Hi.
It is spaced for the wider 145oln rear hub as are most tandems. However it seems that it is only the spindle that is longer as the original wheels that were in it are the same hub shell width as standard 135 mtb.deore they are simply packed out. I am currently running a standard spaced out to 145 deore disc hub on the new one with no problems. Thanks for the query
Regards
Peter

Hi half cog,

Could you tell me the size of the seat clamps.?

I also have a Double Edge frame which I am building up...but have lost the seat collars.

Cheers!

Cheers Phill77 :)

Its ben 6 years since I stipped it down. I was hit by intense case of Inflamatory Arthritis which put pay to my cycling.

I miss cycling so much..its been the one of the worst things about my condition...but I really need to get back in the saddle..Ive put on so much weight...appetite of a keen cyclist...but been a couch potato for 6 years!...

I am just hoping when I get it back n the road that i am able to control it with my arthritic hands and bad knees and ankles.
It might be over very quick...lol. But I just have to give it a try....

Wish me Luck. ;)

Koczar

Back