Dave yates donkey's

How much would a mint Yates Vulcan sell for, with a rare wishbone, and matching fillet fork.?

Whats the 1" P2 fork worth, the head set and the Ti Bottom bracket worth on this Black market of Ours....?

sinnerman":3ka7zyur said:
D.O.N.K.I.S N.O.B.

Classic tube manufacturer mix. Columbus Max and Reynolds 753.

Yates answer to Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.O.X

How much does the Roberts equivalent sell for, with say a rust hole in the tube that needs replacing...?

i bought a Roberts Dogs that needed a tube and got it for £180 posted if that helps put a price on it. headtube fitted is £60-80 new paint £150 even in A1 would be around £400 plus a colour matched fork. Certainly that seems like a lot of cash a new one is probably £1000.

I still kind of liek it and want to fix it up but its just too steep for my pockets.

Giom6":3qg08r6r said:
sinnerman":3qg08r6r said:
How much would a mint Yates Vulcan sell for, with a rare wishbone, and matching fillet fork.?

I'd love to know that :|

Me too. Like all things, theres a rarity factor to add, if you are really looking for something like it.

Its like a Donkis. Really not many 753/Max frames around, if the size is right, you could ask yourself, whens another going to come up...?

sinnerman":3v603w77 said:
Giom6":3v603w77 said:
sinnerman":3v603w77 said:

I'd love to know that :|

Me too. Like all things, theres a rarity factor to add, if you are really looking for something like it.

Its like a Donkis. Really not many 753/Max frames around, if the size is right, you could ask yourself, whens another going to come up...?

Its got a pretty unique mulitfade paint job too. That would probably cost you another £300-400 to replicate...

Paints Costly, and it takes time, and this is a sure fire way to shorten your life expectancy.....LOL.

This one looks quite tidy Imho.

You know my feelings about British steel, it rags me something horrid that people will happily pay hundreds for a Fat Chance or Klein, but ignore our home grown products, but unfortunately that's the market and that is why I have some of the beauties in my garage that I do.

As for this DONKIS, the forks are worth £30 max, the BB £60, that leaves the frame at £510 minimum, which is less than I paid for either my DOGS or Cats once all the repair and paint costs are taken into account.

As you say Carl, when was the last time you saw one for sale? And when will the next one appear?

Will anyone buy at that price... they should, but I doubt it.

Someone please prove me wrong.

plus £25 for the headset maybe.

I know its only a small thing but the dent on the tube tube would put me off paying that much…

fair enough. it may not be a mega bargain but it could be worth the cash. and I would rather see it here and in its full glory than left to rot. you probably wont see many with a 753 rear end. thankfully too small for me. hopefully someone will give it a home.

Back