Dave Yates 853

Nowt wrong with it. Quality and cheap,, what with all this talk of bent tubes............ :roll:

sinnerman":1nw34s5f said:
what with all this talk of bent tubes............ :roll:

its an old trick sinnerman

For anyone interested in buying this, it clearly has bent tubes, the frame is practically rusted through, i have counted 27 dents, the frame is also misaligned. From the pictures it is clear that it also smells of poo and the reynolds sticker is fake as is the dave yates decal , its made of pig iron and is in fact a BSO from Tesco.

I will add more defects as i come up with them :xmas-big-grin:

There doesn't look like any damage and none is mentioned. Bid and buy and if you find any problems then you can argue with Paypal later. Seller should get better pics though!

Frame is defo rotten, out of alignment. Save your cash, don't bid, it's a money pit.....

I'm absolutely not going to have a bid myself, no certainly not, no chance, not for me

xxnick1975":1p6kz7hn said:
I'm absolutely not going to have a bid myself, no certainly not, no chance, not for me

NOR ME NEITHER NO SIREE BOB,

blimey its working it was at £50 earlier today so someone is cancelling their bids.

Hmmm is that frame cooties i see, oh yes it is it definitely has frame cooties.

oh dear is that a crack i see next to the cross threaded bottom bracket, yup :xmas-cool: :xmas-cool:

oh im gonna get a bargain here, i mean someone is gonna get stung with a load of old tat here

Rod_Saetan":hbtzmec2 said:
Mere speculation, but it would be nice to know either way.

Fwiw, I bid on the original auction cos I could also have used the wheels and groupset from the road bike, I am not in a position to bid for the Yates frame now regardless of how cheap it goes for, but I would still like to see proper side-on pictures.

Amazed that got away for over the ton, given the rubbish presentation, no postage and timing of auction. Still decent bike there for someone hopefully, maybe a couple of nice parts too.

How retro is it by the way, I can't see a canti bridge and it's shown with Vs, and 853 can't be that old. 96, 97?

Back