Dave Lloyd – C.A.T.S. W.I.S.K.A.S complete bike

messiah

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Dave Lloyd – C.A.T.S. W.I.S.K.A.S
Cycle All Terrain System With Integral Suspension Keeping Alignment Static

DOGS BOLX/DONKIS NOB from the other great brittish frame builder at the time.

FRAME: Dave Lloyd - C.A.T.S. W.I.S.K.A.S 1993 or thereabouts. Smooth Fillet Brazed Reynolds 653 main frame and Columbus rear which has a lovely wishbone. This frame is designed for suspension forks. Reynolds 653 = skinny Road bike tubes. A few dings and scratches as expected of it’s age – nothing to worry about. I would say this is a 19” frame – top tube measured horizontal is a tad over 23 inches – but the low slung top tube and extension above, and the short headtube make it feel and look and feel like a long 18” frame. Ridden happily by me at 5’11” and IbocProSX who is mcu taller
FORK: 1999 Marzocchi Bomber Z2 BAMS (so much better than the Pace RC35’s it came with). I had some Pace RC31 Carbon rigids on for two rides but I broke them. It rode ace with the rigids. For the forks I have Med, Heavy, very heavy springs, a redress kit and a 1-1/8” steerer as well as the 1” fitted. These forks work really well.
HEADSET: Silver Chris King 1" A-head – I have a top assembly to use this threaded. Red USE Cap
STEM: Answer Manitou 120mm x 1-1/8” with reducer to sue on 1” forks – has not slipped – a few scratches.
HANDLEBAR: Silver Answer Hyperlite with BERT’s
GRIPS: Yeti clear with Retrobike stickers underneath :eek:)
BAR ENDS: Silver Icon stubbies (my fave bar-ends ever)
BRAKES: AVID Tri Align with Tri Dangles. Blue and red mixed to make them look funky. These feel almost as good as the Ultimate Black-ops V’s I ran before. The rear bosses are very far apart so V brakes actually don’t work very well on here. Spare red Tri-Align – not complete.
BRAKE LEVERS: Blue Real (V and Canti – I have the chips for both)
SHIFTERS: Suntour XC-Pro 8spd Thumbies
FRONT MECH: 95-96 XT
REAR MECH: 95-96 XT (Blue SRP bolts)
CASSETTE: XT 8spd 11-30
CHAIN: 8spd
CRANKS: Middleburn RS3.
CHAINRINGS: Middleburn Compact 32-42, 20 tooth Titanium, Red alloy chainring bolts.
BOTTOM BRACKET: RaceFace Titanium square taper. I have some SRP red alu bolts to put in here if you feel brave/stupid/garage-queen.
PEDALS: Original XT SPD’s (I’ve got some red collars for these that I’ve never got round to putting on)
QUICK RELEASES: Blue Salsa (love these, had them for years)
RIMS: Mavic Silver anodised
REAR HUB: Hope Ti Glide, Blue Flange, clickety click click click
FRONT HUB: Hope Ti Lightweight, Blue Flange
TYRES: Panaracer XC Pro Kevlar Red (very tired – best ignore the tyres)
SADDLE: FIZIK Arione Ti Union Jack (a matter of taste)
SEATPOST: Answer Rocker 27.2mm (matching collar and cuffs – nice post)
SEAT BOLT: ZERO Titanium I think – very light
SPOKES: DT/Sapim (Double Butted)
NIPPLES: two on my chest

Specification is I would say almost perfect. The best funtioning kit of it’s kind out there, built as if owned from 1993 and adding better functioning and looking kit as it came along until 1998, a masterpiece of functionality and damned good looking pimpery fineness at the same time. Nothing I would change, which is kind of why I want to sell. I’ve taken the build as far as I can and much as I enjoy the ride I prefer riding bikes I can really hammer without worrying about breaking stuff. This is not a NOS garage queen, but has been built to ride. Components are all used but are also all in excellent condition.

y0sp60.jpg

y0sp6z.jpg

Full story of build.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5774

£800 posted to UK or collect cheaper - from Aberdeen

I think this is a good price considering the spec and the spares and odds and ends to go with it. I know if I split I will get more but I’d quite like someone on here to own it.

I plan to start splitting and selling on the parts from this weekend so if you want the complete bike be quick.

Could be very interested in the frame if you do split pending price fella.. I should'nt but :? ;)

I genuinely hope this sells whole (honestly), but just in case I'll put myself in line for the crank/rings/BB, should it fit...

Do hope it sells whole though after you've obviously spent so long getting everything together! :cool:

Adding to the 'if you split' list, I'd be interested in the forks, springs, redress kit and 1 1/8" steerer.

If you have to split...
I'd be interested in the wheels. ;)

Back