Dad's old Pace

Everything is now working except when he took the rear mech off it had a helicoil fitted, so he hasn't put it back on again.
What was the original mech? Probably not the Deore that was fitted here.

It would have been either a Shimano XT, a Suntour XC Pro or a Campagnolo Euclid :)

It's been at Leisure Lakes bikes in Mere Brow for 1.5 weeks now, just waiting to hear whether they can do the helicoil or not.
My idea now is to get it rolling and sell it as I'm heading for a divorce and I've got a motorbike project that takes precedence over the mountain bikes

Re:

If you are planning to sell I wouldn't do anything other than give it a clean. People like to put their own stamp on restorations and anything you add could actually damage the value! Nice bike btw.

Mikemanorhouse":19sj0y29 said:
It's been at Leisure Lakes bikes in Mere Brow for 1.5 weeks now, just waiting to hear whether they can do the helicoil or not.
My idea now is to get it rolling and sell it as I'm heading for a divorce and I've got a motorbike project that takes precedence over the mountain bikes

Shame to hear about your situation- in the grand scheme of things you’ve got it in a good state to sell it on and know what you’ve got there

Hope it goes to a sympathetic home - and an RB member so we can follow the rest of the journey

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back