Cycle sprayer recomenadtions?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Have a few frames i need spraying. After some recomendations, who has used what? Thinking about argos, mercian and dave yates...

i have used argos and bob jackson, would highly recommend both

argos did my lime crosswork, aluminium frame, steel fork, fade paint and made stickers, was over 200quid, be very specific about the colour though. but the quality is very good and it has bearly a mark on it 2 years later.

bob jackson did the paint on my old clockwork, steel frame and fork fantastic finish, mirror finish british racing green, very brittle paint though but lots cheaper but i prefer this finish, about £137 iirc but that was with frame, 2 forks, and mag 20 lowers and postage back.

bob also did my aluminium O frame and fork , aluminium frame obviously, very good finish, stickers were fantasic and very accurate to the original ones. very chuffed with this and only about £120 iirc including postage back.

i have also seen work done mercian, a resto project for a former customer, that looked fantastic aswel

hope that helps

:D

My Girlfriends Stumpy fsr 07 is at Argos at the mo, full respray + decals, about two more weeks to wait, will let you know results once its back if you like. otherwise the paintwork we saw impressed us while we were there, nice guys too.

Iam picking up the Ritchey from colour-tech on friday .

will let you know how it turns out .

Argos did my Clockwork and did a good job, the paint is a little fragile. I had my Evans road bike powdercoated by eli-flex in Chichester and they did a good job and one of the guys even droped it off on his way home. Theres also Colourtech in Datford who of alll the work for Roberts, (Colourtech 01322 555549)

Paint by Argos, decas by Gil

IMG_0890.jpg

Very pleased with it so far. Paint holding up well. It was done in '05 & to be far it has only done road & light off road duties.

jonnyboy666":2w3b36kh said:
i have used argos and bob jackson, would highly recommend both

argos did my lime crosswork, aluminium frame, steel fork, fade paint and made stickers, was over 200quid, be very specific about the colour though. but the quality is very good and it has bearly a mark on it 2 years later.

bob jackson did the paint on my old clockwork, steel frame and fork fantastic finish, mirror finish british racing green, very brittle paint though but lots cheaper but i prefer this finish, about £137 iirc but that was with frame, 2 forks, and mag 20 lowers and postage back.

bob also did my aluminium O frame and fork , aluminium frame obviously, very good finish, stickers were fantasic and very accurate to the original ones. very chuffed with this and only about £120 iirc including postage back.

i have also seen work done mercian, a resto project for a former customer, that looked fantastic aswel

hope that helps

:D

I would second Bob Jackson, although I currently have a frame due back to me next week from woodrups (also Leeds). It was going to go to bob's but I totally forgot they didnt open wednesdays so drove a little further down the road and went to woodrups. I'll post piccies so you can have a look when its back with me.

Back