Craigslist Buy at $100 USD

BikePimp

Retro Guru
Just picked this up today for $100 USD or about 68 quid...

No wheels, previous owner was keeping them for another bike. I'll try to hit the trails next week with it.

I also found a super nice 856 but the rear end geometry is a bit different. Anybody have any preferences between them?

Attachments

• ProFlex.jpg
    ProFlex.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 673
Deffo a bargain there :D
LX bits and a syncros post all for $100
Well done,when do we see it finished?,time to track down some lx hubs

dyna-ti":wd6646j3 said:
Deffo a bargain there :D
LX bits and a syncros post all for $100
Well done,when do we see it finished?,time to track down some lx hubs

Probably next week. I got a super busy weekend coming up. I saw it posted when I was browsing CL and just couldn't let it go by for that price.

Nice buy.

Ebay has a bunch of auctions offering NOS bushing and seals for that series of frames as well as the crosslink fork right now if you need them.

I think the x57 have more travel than the x56. And I think the 955 and most of the x56 (excluding 1996 956LE ) are the only model(year) where the pivot point was behind the crank in all of proflex history, so ud think the x57 "should" be better even with if the x56 style has a noleen shock instead of the elastomers and the ODS. But... x56 should be lighter, even with the CF swingarm available for the x57 that pops up on ebay from time to time.

Also check out www.idriders.com/proflex/ if u need spring rate infos, they've helped me out a lot.

great find :) i like the *57 pivot point, it does a pretty good job, esp for the bike era, havnt tried the *56 ers

cant wait to see this built up! anyone know why no one makes anything like crosslinks anymore, or of a design similar to them? i love my girvins (and nope i dont care that they only have 3in, its more than enough for me :D)

lol you got the whole bike for as much as one shock costs to service, before shipping, id say thats a decent deal!

Back