Courier Comp specs

KenG

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi
And before anybody mentions it I,m not talking about spectacles, I'm actually trying to find the seatpost and headset sizes for my 1990 Muddy Fox Courier Comp, I,m looking to source both for a rebuild.
Eagerly awaiting replies
Many Thanks in advance

:)

Is it this version or is this the wrong year? If its any good I can do a hi-res version for you.

Gio

MF_6.jpg

if it is the green one pictured above i have one, restored but still using the original post so i can check to be sure. :)

Attachments

• mf9.jpg
    mf9.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 696
The brochure says that the seatpost is a Kalloy 26.4 mm but doesn't actually say the width of the headset but I suspect its a 1" threaded headset. All it has is "TH 305, sealed".

Giom6 a hi res picture would be brilliant if its not too much trouble, my LBS measured the seat tube and said it was 26.2.

jonnyboy666 , I,ve seen the posts you put on about yours and its absolutely brilliant and was the inspiration to have a go at mine, although im thinking either Kawasaki mean green or VW Lupo green looks pretty close.

Once again thanks to everyone who replied, its very much appreciated.

:D

who is painting it? mine was done by Argos and i think they did a great job but they hate doing these bright colours because they can fade and they can't guarantee the longevity of the job, i really had to push them to do it.

that said i believe graphic shack and hydrographics might do the bright greens, also get a sample done if you can, i got a 'kawasaki green' job done a while ago and it was no where near as bright as i thought it would be.

:)

oh and the head set is 1" but the crown race is the smaller size, 26.0 if memory serves, as opposed to 26.4mm, think those were the options. it was the rarer size anyway.

I'm quite lucky my brother in law is a spray paint demonstrator,he used to work for Mercedes before becoming a demonstrator and workshop insurance assessor, I'll be picking his brains, wink wink!

:D

Back