Correct fork for my Ibis Mojo

uphilldowndale

Retro Guru
Hi, looking for some help finding a correctly sized rigid fork for my Ibis Mojo. As you can see it's currently got a sus fork that looks all wrong. I want to swap it out for a rigid fork but am unsure on what length to look for. Can any Ibis owners advise?

My plans for this bike are to de-modernise it somewhat. Rigid fork, v-brakes etc etc. (If anyone has a nice set of brakes and levers let me know! )

A310A018-3C28-4761-9345-46C02BE44B77_1_105_c.jpeg

Hey there,

No Ibis owner but I could still help.

First it would be useful to know what type of fork is this and what's it's travel? Looks like a Fox but can't be sure from the picture.

Also, the year the frame was produced or its serial number? It looks to be a sus corrected frame anyways...so after 1995 I would think...

It's geometry with this fork it's def affected. I tend to prefer Kona Project 2 forks that you can get in different lengths.

Sorry, I can't tell more at this point...but great rig regardless...

Panos

Hey there,

No Ibis owner but I could still help.

First it would be useful to know what type of fork is this and what's it's travel? Looks like a Fox but can't be sure from the picture.

Also, the year the frame was produced or its serial number? It looks to be a sus corrected frame anyways...so after 1995 I would think...

It's geometry with this fork it's def affected. I tend to prefer Kona Project 2 forks that you can get in different lengths.

Sorry, I can't tell more at this point...but great rig regardless...

Panos
Hey Panos,

It's a Rockshox Reba World Cup Fork with I THINK 100mm travel.

On the year and serial no, I'd have to check. The bikes in my storage unit atm so won't get to it for a while.

Since the Mojo is basically an SS with geometry compensated for a suspension fork you will need to find something taller than normal, likely not vintage, to have it ride like it was designed. Nice bike BTW!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi, looking for some help finding a correctly sized rigid fork for my Ibis Mojo. As you can see it's currently got a sus fork that looks all wrong. I want to swap it out for a rigid fork but am unsure on what length to look for. Can any Ibis owners advise?

My plans for this bike are to de-modernise it somewhat. Rigid fork, v-brakes etc etc. (If anyone has a nice set of brakes and levers let me know! )

View attachment 864785
Hi,

I contacted Scot with the same question about my mojo. Here is his answer. I hope this helps.

Screenshot_20231027-220519_1.png

Back