COOLWALL! Was BIOPACE cool?

Were Biopace chainrings cool?

• What a pile of tripe - No! Totally uncool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hey - not really bothered - maybe never used them?

• Yes - crikey why did Shimano stop? They were awesome - COOL!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I rotated mine to improve the effect - Shimano got it wrong. Two turns anti-clockwise improved them no end, we all used to do it.

My 'old' bike (1987) has a round 46 and rotated biopace rings of 28 and 38.

I don't think they're that cool though.

Wasn't there a Biopace II that the XT chainsets had? Those rings were rounder.

Terry...

The rotor crank thing is interesting - but it's a solution looking for a problem. People who benefit from them have a poor pedalling style - they'd be better off spending time on their bikes with a coach and a bike fit expert and learning some 'suplesse'.

Biopace = not cool, Chris Bell 'Egg' rings = very cool!

Chris had the right idea, rotated the rings 90 degrees and made them alot better than shimano. Still got mine on my Fat Ti and they work a treat!

I was chatting with magnus backstedt last summer in my LBS about the rotor rings & he was raving about them (used a normal round outer). what comes around I suppose...(pun intended)

.. personally I always hated biopace or any version of it.

Funny thing is , newer version still try to eliminate the dead point ( dont know how to translate this , the point where none of the legs work ) , we called point mort in french . :oops:

just move one crank arm round quarter turn,or fit a truvativ on yer shimano for a similar effect.

we allways thought white dog eggs were from poodles (little ones,dogs that is) too
mike

ugh - i cannot stand them. having them on one of the OLD grove's and they drive me absolutly nutss!!!

Biopace is a bit like riding a bike on a bad acid trip.. You legs feel wrong cycling in a pulse like cadence.. I had a even worse spin off on my first ever mountain(ish) bike. A Raleigh Massif with 'Ovaltech' chainrings.

Uncool...

Back