Cool number plates

When I lived in the UK I always wanted a private plate but could never stump up the cash. When I moved to New Zealand I found plates to be much cheaper. I bought CHLYBN (chilly bin, kiwi name for cool box) every time we go to the beach we take the chilly bin, So I got a message plate "pack the CHLYBN we're off to the beach!" Awesome!

Lollipops said:
I've been looking for A1 AEL or A1 L200 for a while, but never particularly seriously! I did try looking for K6 DBR last year as a b'day pressie for someone but I couldn't get hold of it ... then about a month later I saw it on a DBR car driving past me in Swansea ... my reaction .... "Come back, I want your number plate!!" :LOL: Lol!!

New Zealand is the BEST place for number plates, you can have absolutely anything you want as long as its got up to 6 letters or numbers, and no-one else has already got it! So I could have ALICES, or LONNWY, or I AM FAB!! :cool: Hahaha!!

Few examples of plates I saw when I was there ... N0 COWS (on a bull stud lorry), ATURNEY, ILEG4L, on the side of a pickup truck advertising helicopter flights ... AIRLFT!! And the best ever ... I ♥ PUBS!! How cool is that?! :cool:

saltyman":ekq25tn0 said:
bloke near me has my plate :evil:

tried to buy it off him but he wanted over £10,000.......wouldnt care, but his names isnt even salt, mine is so i should have rights to it !!!!!

DSC00031.jpg

i tried to get the above plate recently, he now wants £20,000 for it :evil:

i was set to buy this one for £2,000:

imageaspx.jpg

but my bruv has kindly bought me this one....was up for £11,800! got a bit of a discount, but still more than my car :oops:

54lty.jpg

Hi,

Locally we have a H15 TOY....

Fiona Richmond, remember her.... had PEN 15 :shock:

I think everyone who wants one should have it for free, but be made to drive arround for one year with 1 KER :twisted:

TTFN

Dave

Piperdave":jltwxdgq said:
Locally we have a H15 TOY....

On what car matey?
That rings a big ol' bell :LOL:

Bloke I used to work with was very proud his wife had bought him a number plate that reflected his love for carp fishing...

C7 ARP . . .

When he got everyone outside to admire it, I asked. . .

WTF is CLARP supposed to mean??

He was a little angry.. bless 'im :LOL:

One of my team bikes n beers buddies has a Porsche which had an *** XTR number plate, until he switched it to his own private plate.

My Grandpa bought a Bentley in the thirties, eventually had to scrap it but kept the number plate. Bringing it back out of retirement many years later on a succession of cars through the 70s & 80s.

It was such a familiar site in Ayton and the surrounding Berwickshire countryside that he was commonly known by his number plate:

MR 2000

K155 POO was on the DVLA earlier this year for like £300, and I bloody missed out on it.... think it woulda been really funny.

Steve Parish (Ex motorbike and truck racer) actually has PEN 1S and I have seen A55 OLE on a 928 S4..

Anyone got R3TRO??? ;) ;)

orange71":1qqq9bx7 said:
I really hate those number plates that start "B19" and then have 3 letters - obviously their initials, as in 'BIG'... obviously not BIG, I would suggest ;)

Eeeep, mine is B16 MPF...

Wanted B16 MAT, but it was £5.5k at the time. So settled for my initials for £250. It's on retention at the moment as I can't afford a car :(

Back