Converted Cannondale M900 caad3

Hotpoint

Retro Newbie
Hi, new to the forum. I had an old M900 which I stripped back, powder coated and converted into a road hybrid. Will add some mudguards soon and some Ergon grips. New front forks, Magura hydraulic rim brakes too - stops very well!

IMG-20190126-152605.jpg

IMG-20190126-152616.jpg

Re:

I like that, repurposing an old frame, it's a mtb frame isn't it?

You know instead of cable tying the rear brake hose to the frame, you can get stick on hose guides (M:part make some for sure), or you can also get adapters that fit in the brake cable stops and hold the hydraulic brake hose.

Re:

Thanks for the tips on the hose/cable fixings - the cable ties are meant to be temporary!

The bike was in the shed for years unused - it was second-hand when I got it originally. Originally it was yellow, I think they only made them in red or yellow. When I stripped everything down I couldn't believe how light the frame was - I wish I'd weighed it but it felt no more than about 1.5kgs. You would have to pay a fortune for something as well put together brand new so I thought I'd get it bead blasted and powder-coated in white. The decals were 10 quid off eBay. The original P3 forks weren't very good new I suspect but they needed replacing. Not many options for 26" wheels so I got the Mosso forks which are much lighter than the originals. A set of used road wheels shod in FatBoy road tyres and the Magura brakes means it gets along the tarmac quite well and stops on a sixpence! I'll put some mudguards on then I'll hopefully use it a bit more as I need to lose a few Ibs and my daughter is getting better on her bike so hopefully a few rides with her as well.

It's certainly unique - I've not seen another one, and it does get some nice comments. All up, I reckon the bike has cost me about £200.

Back