Connecting Delta Brakes..?!

RobWJL

Old School Hero
I have negotiated this slightly fiddly process reasonably so far - just a final thing:

Is the cut end of the brake cable just supposed to fray and be concealed beneath the delta cover? No capping required?

Also, with a couple of vintage brakes I've had, one pad seems more parallel to the rim than the other so when the brake is engaged the pad has a leading edge/corner. Is there a correct way to adjust this?

Thanks

Either way works - a nice cap on the end of the brake cable is a much nicer finish if you are a perfectionist and also gives more chance of the cable being re-used in future - personally i go the other route and just cut it off and hide it under the front cover...also on the brake pads there are couple of small adjustment screws to adjust the toe in of the pads - adjust these using a small allen key..

Good point about brake squeal - i generally stand out on the club runs with my noisy brakes and if you watch the old tours de france etc you can hear the noise of the brakes when the riders come down the descents - not something you hear anymore..

Latest posts

Back