Condor Baracchi 653 resto underway

Holiocornolio

Devout Dirtbag
So here's my Baracchi 653 freshly painted in 'mango' and ready to be rebuilt. I'm 'curating' the build components based on what I lusted after as a 13 year old and what I can afford, with half an eye towards possibly doing an eroica on it one day. So far I have 7 speed transmission components which are all 74xx series Dura ace, wheels built around DA hubs and Mavic GP4 rims. Just need to find the right brakes, crankset and finishing kit. I'm really surprised at the frame which painted and without headset, weighed just 1700g. The fork was about 650g. All bolted together with the chorus headset, the frameset comes in around 2.5kg which I'm pretty pleased with.
Despite the fact that this is a 30+ year old frame, and is being built with second hand parts, Condor have been surprisingly helpful providing support and details about the frame. Props for that!

Attachments

• PXL_20210205_100423753.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210205_100423753.PORTRAIT.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 260
Lugless eh? That's pretty much exactly the colour scheme I wanted when I was 13 - although with black components.
Were Condor able to tell you who built it? Tom Board used to make frames for them at one point iirc but I don't think he was still there by the time 653 appeared.

It's from 1989. The 76th frame from that year. Didn't ask who built it. Maybe I should have. Asked them quite a few questions and starting to feel a bit bad - I'll have to buy something! It was originally a dirty orange colour but needed tidying up.

Latest posts

Back