Colnago Super 8 speed, campag athena/chorus

blankface

Retro Newbie
Colnago Super 8 speed, campag athena/chorus

Up for sale is my beloved super. I believe the frame is early 80s as it is not labelled with a specific type of columbus tubing - I have been told that this only started happening in the mid 80s. An educated guess by a user on here tells me it is almost definitely custom drawn SL tubing. The frame is in acceptable condition with a lovely creamy white to pink fade. The previous owner has obviously tried to strip part of the chrome from the fork which has made it slightly less presentable, a perfectionist may want to get this re chromed but it didn't cause me any problems and has minimal surface rust so I lived with it!

Size toptube - 58ctc, seat tube also 58ctc.

spec - the majority of the components are early 90s athena/chorus.

-front and rear derailleurs and brake levers, are Chorus (brake levers possible C-record also worth mentioning they have minimal splits in a few places)
-Cranks, seat post and brakes (monoplanar) are Athena
-BB is a campagnolo specific carbon tifosi. I can throw in a genuine good condition C-record BB for those purists for an extra cost if wanted.
-The bike also has the coveted simplex friction shifters (the campagnolo team even chose these over campag c-rec in the tour de france!)
-The wheels are Campagnolo's famous Shamal model, 16 spokes with an 8 speed cassette. (they make an awesome noise at speed!)
-Saddle is a Selle San Marco Concor reissue, few bumps on the side but otherwise great condition.
-stem and bars are Cinelli criterium (65-44)
Headset is a modern unbranded steel one.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...Supersmall.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Just give me a shout if you want any specific pictures. The bike is located in Bristol. I can potentially post it if it is bought in the next few days but I will be out of town as of saturday for some time so it will have to be collected from Bristol from then on. I can potentially arrange a courier service however.

Price is £550

Many thanks!

ps - this is advertised elsewhere[/img]

yes.. cost me considerably more to build up from scratch. needs must though so it's going for perhaps a bit cheaper than it should be

You could try splitting it? You might well be able to save money, retain the frame for the same price etc. I would gladly take the pedals off of you if you were to, though that isn't my primary interest, I would rather see you have the bike happily sold.

I do realise the advantages of splitting and yes the pedals are very nice, still have to original campaign straps if a little discoloured. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back