Colnago Steel Forks - alloy bars & quill stem

nochekmate

Retro Newbie
For Sale Colnago steel forks. I'm no expert on this retro stuff but I believe these to be 1 inch steerer.

The steerer measures 195 mm approx with some 50mm of thread at the top of the steerer.

There is a headset with the forks and this is labelled 'Stronglight'. The headset probably needs a bit of a clean but was being used until recently on a bike (the bottom cup is still on the frame which I shall try to remove and include)

The Colnago labels are in good condition but there is some marking to the rear of the left hand fork - nothing major. Also some marks to the paintwork where the brakes are fixed but this will be covered when built up.

I was informed that the the alloy bars are ITM but I cannot see this labelling at all - just 'Made in Italy'. Bars measure 44cm c-c and appear quite lightweight. Grooved front & rear for cables. Quill stem offers height adjustment.

Must be useful for somebody's retro project. £40 posted. I believe that a set of Colnago forks were sold on lfgss site for £30, hence my figure - by all means let me know if I am miles out (either way ;) )

P1060525.jpg

P1060524.jpg

P1060526.jpg

P1060527.jpg

P1060528.jpg

Isn't that a Giant 'Mike Burrows' stem? Supplied on early TCR's.

Well, on mine at any rate. ;)

Back