colnago master olympic, 56cm sale or swap modern carbon.

Looks like the same colour scheme as mine.

Mine is one of the Tange Ultralite (or is it Superlite) models from the early/mid nineties. Lovely bike. I toyed with flogging it for a carbon racer. In the end I bought an alloy Boardman and now race that to death. I came off not long ago in a local crit and got some lovely road rash around the frame (and me); I would have cried if it had been the Colnago. I reckon racing on the Boardman has made me take a few more risks while racing, and thus gained me a few more places. The Boardman is lighter and faster I'd say.

The Colnago is a great sunny day ride. Always draw lots of admiring looks. Love riding it.

Re: colnago.

half cog":3ons8b39 said:
I read somewhere that aero wheels dont start to pay back until you reach around 30mph and since a lot of them are heavy I am not convinced that is the way to go(Not unless you are into 20 minute 10s )

If you're even half serious you have a set of aero wheels AND non-aero wheels, depending on whether it's a hilly course, what the wind is doing and how much time you expect to be riding in small groups or even on your own.

The other thing is that you are far more likely to crash when racing and riding around on a piece of impersonal mass-produced frame means that you don't at least have to worry about breaking something you have given a sense of value.

I have a 7kg carbon bike and a 9kg steel De Rosa. The De Rosa is a much nicer "feel" and I find it much more enjoyable to ride - but it has its limitations compared to the carbon Kuota. The cranks ARE flexier. The steering IS less precise. The fulcrum 3 wheels ARE more stable at 60mph going down Mont Ventoux than the 36H Record/Mavic SUPs are on much less demanding descents. You CAN feel the weight when climbing. If I was racing, I know for sure which weapon I would choose. But for the sportif I hope to be doing in Horsens for the Giro start, it's rude not to ride an Italian bike that shares the name of the actual race.....

Well, you all have done a great job of making me realise I need to keep the colnago and find some other means of buying something more racy! Your right, the colnago is always going to be a special bike and bring far more enjoyment to the ride than something with far less character that will be "so last year" in, er a years time! Thanks for your comments. cheers, bert. :D

bert g":2llza7ej said:
Well, you all have done a great job of making me realise I need to keep the colnago and find some other means of buying something more racy! Your right, the colnago is always going to be a special bike and bring far more enjoyment to the ride than something with far less character that will be "so last year" in, er a years time! Thanks for your comments. cheers, bert. :D

job done.

get some photos up, bert!!

:)

apologies for the camera phone photos! have many more but the files are too large for the forum to accept?

even more!

Attachments

• 12-557FC581-606189-960.jpg
    12-557FC581-606189-960.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 916
  • 12-854776E5-510027-960.jpg
    12-854776E5-510027-960.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 916
  • 12-8A6600C2-609189-960.jpg
    12-8A6600C2-609189-960.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 916

Latest posts