colnago master olympic, 56cm sale or swap modern carbon.

bert g

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
due to getting competitive urges again I am thinking of swapping my georgeous colnago master olympic for something more racy! its a rare pinky/purple and chrome colour, very good but used condition and looks stunning built up. see photos in my gallery. preferably swap frame / preciser fork, headset and campag square taper bb and brand new in box campag chorus bb as a spare. open to sensible offers but ideally swap/px. whyg?
cheers, bert.

Why? Why exchange a master piece, a classic, a work of beauty for what? A chunk of postmodern CF....be competitive on your Colnago Master Olympic....show them real style.

I totally agree, the colnago will always be a thing of beauty and a wonderful ride. I have thought about putting some special wheels on it( in keeping with the character of course) but its always going to be on the heavy/comfortable side! I have a new purpouse built circuit at the end of my road and fancy a go at the racing there!

But are you setting yourself realistic goals?....OK...you look like everyone else with a CF monstrosity and find you are not as good as you used to be....what then?.....consider the downside to selling or trading a beautiful but supremely functional bike to become just another CF bike in the crowd.....plus is lightness everything in racing?....your choice....but in my opinion...the wrong one.....My 2¢!

Fair point! did my first xc mtb race for years last year, on my fat chance yo eddy and surprised myself(and a few modern machines) probably worth trying the colnago first. Dont really know its value and hence what kind of replacement it would allow me to afford? as you say, ounce its gone....

its not the bike...its the person riding it!.....now go and polish that Colnago...and get some nice tubular wheels and race tubs and try your luck!

Or mention how much you want for it!
I will have one one day.......I've always lusted after a bike like yours!

A master was on my must have list..
i just bought this and now i want another! :shock:

29032012476.jpg

That's sweet muthariley....what year is it ? I didn't think aheadset had been introduced during the same era ? Presumably it's 1" aheadset ?

Good choice of Sotto Voce colour !

sorry to hijack the thread ! :oops:

"That's sweet muthariley....what year is it ? I didn't think aheadset had been introduced during the same era ? Presumably it's 1" aheadset ? "

The frame is 1996 (going by the serial number) and i had the option of exactly the same forks you see (but threaded).
I much prefer the threadless set up so opted for these.
It's a 1" aheadset - bargain purchase from another retrobike forum member.

The OP's master is a real beauty - slightly too big for me - someone should snap it up as it's a seriously nice frame.

Back