Colnago Master Gilco '96

The A- Roads are infested with huge cars with careless drivers nowdays.

35 years ago, at least the cars were smaller, there were fewer of them, and they couldn't go so fast.

Can still be fun though, at the right time of day😃

Now featuring matched cages🥳
It suddenly struck me that as a retailer, I could avail myself of a staff purchase price of a Supacaz bottle cage😃- because unlike 99.9% of the bike stuff i order, its actually for me!View attachment 855290
The outer ring was a narrow bmx item sold with drilling for 130 and 110.View attachment 855438

The mavic chainset had a spacer holding off the inner ring with the chainring bolts threaded into a blind socket in the back of the arm.

I used these spacers to hold a 34 tooth ring off the 110 holes, with single chainring bolts flush holding the outer onto the spider
View attachment 855295View attachment 855296
One day I will polish the outer ring.
Shifting is pretty good with the ergos, although the f.mech clacks on the crank arm if you don't trim after a change onto the outer.
I see a bike, I see a bridge!

i like that bike. because of my current health issue i've found myself looking at road bikes again, mainly because i feel i'd be better served not bouncing around off road, was talking to Seb from Windwave about a Master, the sad thing is i want disc brakes but i really like the Master and in real terms a good brake caliper is fine, especially down here in the flatlands of the New Forest, but to be honest what is piutting me off the most is the saddle to bar drop, but i've never owned a Colnago and i think i should do at some point, so i keep fining myself looking at the website!!
Roadies spend 99% of their time on the hoods anyway. Well, I do!

Back