Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone here got one?

I am itching to get one I have seen, (you know who you are!), was wondering if anyone else has one. How they ride, any problems, etc.

Thanks

Mike

Re:

Hallo Mike,

My titianio differs slightly to the bi-titianio (which is different I think in having twin down tubes) but the ride is fantastic, lots of feel, great steering, very light, very quick in a headwind, it is always a pleasure to get out on it. I have new Campy chorus and am very pleased with the bike, the art deco paintwork on mine is always a talking point with anyone that I meet.

Mike
The only problem I've seen with the Colnago Titiano frames is that they can & do shed a lot of the their paintwork, Not that they have that much in the first place.
Chris

I had heard about the thin paint issue but can only report that whilst the paint does seem delicate it has been Ok on my 1997 Titanio Art Deco. I have put on clear protective film to the outside surfaces of the main frame, and it has seen a season of commuting (25 miles each inc winter) without problem.

When the bike was finished after a rebuild I was very worried about riding it at all and it in the dining room for months as an object d'art, but since the first ride it has been used constantly.

Re:

That's it then, I'll have to hunt down a Master instead!

Mike

Funnily enough, that's what the only bititanio owner i know replaced his with when it snapped.

Latest posts

Back