clearing out some road bike bits

531SL

Dirt Disciple
Cinelli 1A (not XA as I originally wrote) stem - 26.4 - 100mm used condition, some scratches above the insertion mark, but good looking £20 [SOLD]

Regina BX 6 speed freewheel 13-18 ISO - seems in rather good condition just a bit dirty from lying around in the garage
for years. Did I ever ride a 13-18 or was this a dream? £10

Dia compe road brake levers (recent version, non-aero, unused) £14

Suntour Superbe calipers with new red Kool Stop pads good condition. I will throw in the original pads too but they are fairly used. £30 SOLD

Ofmega Chainset (strada) 42-52 170 like this http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... bsPos=1008
in very good condition given age, rings nice too - I could not let go for less than £65

Nuovo Record rear derailleur - noticeably used - wear to surfaces, but still functional (springy). £25 [SOLD]

Campagnolo downtube shifters I think Nuovo Record, like these http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... &AbsPos=34
all hardware for mounting to braze ons but no bracket for frames w/o braze ons £25

1 NEW - never used 8-speed campagnolo record cassette 13-26 + cogs and lockrings for two additional USED 8 speed record cassettes 11-23 and 12-23 + 8 spacers (i.e. essentially 3 cassettes) all in very good shape £30 for the lot.

Suntour Cyclone Mk II front derailleur, used but in good shape £10
Suntour Sprint front derailleur, used but in good shape £10 (£15 for the pair of front derailleurs)

34T black compact chainring - NEVER USED - I think was from FSA price £6

slightly bizarre 'carbon look' Ambrosio alloy brake caliper pair, dual pivot, complete with pads - never used £15 SOLD

Shimano 34-50 compact Chainset 175mm arms FC R600/R550/R553/4550 (hollowtech type) silver light use £40

Lapize toe clips size S, lovely essentially new - my partner used for one ride then cursed me for a week after she fell over on her bike at a stop sign. Including lovely leather toe straps (christophe) in near new condition. Someone wants this. £12

prices include shipping to typical UK address

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

ab.jpg

m1.JPG

m2.JPG

m3.JPG

m4.JPG

m5.JPG

f.JPG

Interested in the cinelli stem. Stupid questiin im sure but... will it fit my Giro 64 bars or did cinelli change from 26.4 to 26 at any stage?

Cinelli stems from the 70s and 80s are 26.4 as are Cinelli bars. Sometime in the 1990s (I think) they switched to 26.0. I have vintage Cinelli Giro d'Italia bars on both my vintage and new bikes. It is a bit weird having these 1980 bars on my Scott carbon bike, I admit, but I can't find any other bars I like and the old ones work just fine with a modern 26.0 stem (I found a silver one that actually goes well with the bars). However, if your bars are 26.0 you should definitely not try to use them in a 26.4 stem, in my opinion. It might be possible to make them feel tight, but I think they will slip and the only way to avoid is to insert some cut up coke can inserts or such which is a little funky. I do not have an easy way to tell precisely what the width is, presumably a caliper or even a compass would do the trick.

Note - if you have Giro d'Italia bars that are more than around 10 years old, I think these are probably 26.4s. I am not certain, but I think that Cinelli only started to make the replica GdI bars recently with the 26.0mm diameter.

Ah, this is what I feared. I have a 1a stem on the bike at the moment, but I bought the bike second hand so Im waiting to hear back from the fella I bought it from to see if he remembers what size the bars and stem are. Will get back to you asap, but for the moment, can you put the stem on hold for me till tomorrow around lunch?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back