Claude Butler 17" bike Reynolds ~ £95 ~ SOLD

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Building a bike for a friend which means she has to sell her clean 17″ Claude Butler circa 1997…

Not much room here so looking for £95 for quick sale, which is a bargain as it’s been serviced and upgraded with brakes, Continental semi-slick tyres, Bioflex ergonomic saddle etc.

It has a Reynolds cro-mo frame and rigid forks (with mountings for mudguards and luggage rack), the wheels are Vuelta deep section rims on Shimano cassette hubs with basic but good 21 speed Shimano SIS transmission.

Loads life left in chain, brake pads and tyres.

Ideal for bumpy streets and tow path commuting...

576990_10150787513816171_586536170_12050360_52291973_n.jpg

£95 collected from Chorlton, Manchester

more pics here:
http://deadrats.co.uk/2012/04/retro-cla ... -for-sale/

Claud B

Hi
Any idea what this frame weighs approx as I dont know what weight tubing they were made from? looking for something as light as possible for wife.
Thanks
Dean

Re: Claud B

DEAN C.":2wxyg76u said:
Hi
Any idea what this frame weighs approx as I dont know what weight tubing they were made from? looking for something as light as possible for wife.
Thanks
Dean

Hi, the tubing is "Reynolds CR-MO Main Tubing" so while it's not 531 it's a step above plain gauge for sure!

I've no idea of frame weight, I would hazard a guess at approx 3.5kg for frame and fork based on the fact I just weighed the bike and it's - 13.6kg including bar ends, bottle cage and comfy saddle ;)

so, got two or three PMs now - needs to go so any firm offers chaps? would rather not post by the way, due to time more than anything

Back